- What age did you start dancing? My dance journey began at the age of 2. I danced and did gymnastics on and off until I was 9. I would wait for my sister in the lobby at dance, flipping and twirling. One day the director looked at my mom and asked why I wasn't dancing on company. Being a little shy and afraid of the unknown, it took some convincing, but once I started dancing with the team, it became a passion. It brought me out of my shell and now I never want to stop!
- What is your favourite genre of dance? I love the diversity of all styles of dance and I train in many, but my favorites would be contemporary and hip hop.
- How many hours a week do you dance? During the regular season, I train 15-20 hours a week, probably more when we start competing each spring.
- What is the last song you downloaded? Last song I downloaded was Beyond Today by James Gillespie.
- What are the apps you use everyday on your phone? The top 3 apps I use on my phone are Tik Tok, YouTube, and Snap chat.
- What did you have for breakfast? For breakfast, I had an Ezekial English Muffin with peanut butter and honey on it. Most days I'm on the run though, so it ends up being a protein drink or granola bar.
- What food is your weakness? I have a weakness for Kit Kats, anything chocolate really, although most people wouldn't consider it a food. I do.
- Other than dance what other activities do you do for fitness and strength? Besides dance, I like to run on my treadmill, stretch and lift weights. It's kind of a running joke about how bad I am at other sports, so it's good that I love dance so much!
- What are your other hobbies? Honestly, outside of dance, I just love spending time with my family and friends. I like watching movies and playing card games and I love to shop at Forever 21!
- What is your favourite book? I don't like to read. I'm more of a math person. If I do read, I like it to be dramatic and uplifting.
- What is your favourite TV show? My favorite TV shows include World of Dance, America's Funniest Videos, Bachelor in Paradise, and American Ninja Warrior.
- Favourite all time movie? Favorite movie of all time has to be the Twilight Series. I'm team Edward. Don't get me wrong, Jacob is hot, but I vote for true love! ❤️
- Where in the world would you like to go for a holiday and why? Australia would be a cool place to visit. I love a good Australian accent and the wildlife there is amazing. Besides that, any beach, anywhere. I'm a salty hair, sandy toes kind of girl.
What is the best advice anyone has given you before going on stage? Best advice I've ever been given before going on stage is to tell the story and connect with the audience. Anyone can go through the motions, but the best dancers make you feel something.
What is your most memorable dance experience? I have so many amazing dance memories, I have an incredible dance family, I get to dance alongside my sister, Meghan, and I get to meet incredible dancers and choreographers around the world. That being said, one of my favorite memories, was probably my first ever Nationals experience with Starpower. I took home first overall and I won the Top Gun audition in the same week!! I told my mom to pinch me, because I just couldn't believe it was happening. Oh my gosh, also, this year at WILD, I was given the WILD about You award by the incredible Theresa Stone. She put a clip of me on her Insta and said I was one of her new favorite young artists!! Then I won apprentice, which I get to go do this year in the WILD tour. I'm so excited!
- Do you have a favourite inspirational quote? Favorite quote: Just be yourself. Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful, magical person you are! ✌️
- If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be and why? If I could meet one person in the world, that I haven't met yet, it would be Michael Dameski. I think he's so incredibly talented, and magical, and beautiful. 😜 It would be an honor to learn from him!
- Any embarrassing dance moments to share? Embarrassing dance moments... Hmmm, nothing in particular, but I do suffer from hyperhidrosis, which is excessively sweaty hands and feet, especially when I'm nervous. It causes me to slip a lot and is embarrassing when I have to hold someone's hand. My dance bag is far from smelling like roses! Lol.
- How long does it take you to prepare for a dance competition? Preparation for comps starts in the fall, but it's always a work in progress. Jan-May I have to kiss my school friends goodbye. Weekends are straight up, non stop rehearsals. I love it!
- Where do you see yourself in 5 - 10 years? In 5-10 years, who knows? Happy, I hope. After college, I hope to continue dance in some way. Maybe I'll dance with a company, teach dance, work with a company like Starpower, or open my own studio. Maybe I'll be a pediatric nurse. I can teach she children in the hospital all my fancy dance moves. Lol. I don't really know what, I just know it will be an adventure.
Shop the look